5.14.2006

The Homeless



I was at an all night prayer meeting just recently and I remember that we were praying for the city or something and I remember this picture that God gave me of the homeless people of our city.
There is a spot on Cypress where there is the I-5 off ramp and it comes to a stop right there at cypress. Well typically there is a homeless person or two there and they usually carry a sign that says, "Anything will do, even a smile." Or something along those lines. Well in my vision I saw that person and they were holding a sign like normal and only this time it said, "I don't want your money I just want you to come to know Jesus." I also so saw a sign that says, "I don't want your money I just want your time." The the thing that I felt that God was saying was that the homeless that have "fallen through the cracks of society" are going to rise up. I almost felt this urgency because the guy didn't even seem to care about money or his lack of it, he didn't seem to care about food. It was like the verse that says, "Seek first the Kingdom of God and all the rest will be given to you." All this man cared about was the lost souls that drove past him every day. Maybe we should go out there to that street corner and hold a sign like that. I think it might have a lot of fruit. I don't know if this vision means anything to anyone else but I thought that I might share it.

1 comment:

David said...

May 31st we'll be down at the Mission to undertake the evening Chapel service at 6pm. Come on down, and hang out.