3.04.2009

Jesus is Cool?

Jesus isn't cool...

And following Him won't make you cool.

If you want to be cool, don't follow Jesus, do something else.

Get tattoos, play musical instruments, or build wells in third world countries, become a community activist, start a successful business, you can even start a successful ministry, or even become a Christian (just make sure you don't go to church, or at least if you do, go to a house church with candles, those are kinda cool)...

...in the right social circles these things may make you 'cool;' but following Jesus never will.

4 comments:

David said...

thank you

Caleb said...

I'm sure Dave up there thinks that I'm a cool guy and I think that he is as well as you so.....perspective.....we're not "pop culture" cool but I think that we're some cool cats. I think Jesus is a pretty cool cat. The guy stood up against evil and up for good (in a very big nutshell of course), how could you get any "cooler"?

I think it's all about who's cool you hold value in and what lenses you're using.

Jessica said...

Caleb... You used "cool cat"... twice...
That right there proves Steve's point.
Embrace it.

Sean said...

I agree; Dave isn't cool