3.05.2009

Cultural Kickback

I take it as a sign that I am on the right path whenever people call me an 'idealist' and try to get me to 'be realistic.' I get very excited when I experience genuine confrontation.

I have had a couple of interesting responses to our presence in the neighborhood...

Most recently we had a building inspector show up at our home. He looked a little miffed. He had been told we were using our house for church meetings, and he seemed a little perturbed by the obvious fact that our house is still just a place of residence.

Some of our neighbors don't like the fact that we have people over regularly, and I am tempted to believe that the real issue has more to do with the particular type of person that they don't want in the neighborhood.

Oh well...

In some countries women get sexually assaulted and men get beheaded for serving Jesus. I can hardly complain about people harassing me for letting homeless people come to my house...

1 comment:

Sean said...

I'm gonna' use this in my sermon this week: "Blessed are you when people revile you..."