3.07.2008

Trade



I just watched the movie Trade, it is about the human trafficing business around the world and even in america. I have to say I am so disturbed about this movie. I am not an uninformed person relating to this I have done some reading and am aware of the fact that it happens, I have been for upset about this topic for awhile which is why I wanted to see the movie in the first place.

However seeing the movie has now marked my heart in a new way, it has left a print on my heart of the reality of it. I can not imagine the depths of evil and despair that exist in this world and now I find that this movie has brought the reality home to me in a way that I can not forget because I have seen it with my own eyes. This movie is not based on a true story but rather hollywoods take on the subject. Even though this movie is not a true story I do not doubt that things far worse than the movies portrayl are really happening.

So here I am marked and overwhelmed by this whole thing and I feel like I can surely make people more aware of the fact that this is happening, and it may not be to our daughters here in america but these women and children that are being stolen are someones daughters and they matter. I know that I would go to the ends of the earth for my own daughter and search high and low and never give up.....so I have been pondering would I do that for someone elses daughter, does she matter just as much as my daughter isn't she just as valuable but maybe she doesn't have someone to search for her, maybe her family actually sold her into it.

That shouldn't matter she is just as cherished by God as my daughter and she is His daughter first as we are all his and so I know that I must care just as much about these women and children as I would my own family and fight just as hard to bring and end to this form of slavery and oppression.

We in america love to stand up for things and fight for things but do we really fight the fights that matter, are we fighting to bring justice to the oppressed or do we fight the fights that benefit us and our pocketbooks...Speaking of money how much is a little girl or women worth anyhow???? How much cash is a human being worth??? In this movie for 25-30 thousand dollars you can purchase your own human being to treat anyway you wish and do whatever you want with.....WOW!!! What kind of world do we life in?? My heart is turned towards Jesus to hear an answer to how to fight this fight, anyone who would like to join me in this or has something else to offer.....

I reccommend watching this movie to everyone and then trying to go about your normal day, as you think and ponder through the fact that this is really happening, IT is a reality for many women and children.. If this doesn't call us to the feet of the Father in petition for His justice to come, then what are we going to the Father for????? Are we there for ourselves and our comfort, are we really praying for more money, a better job, a better church to belong to???? WHAT ARE WE SEEKING THE FATHER FOR??????

I feel like God has spoken to me to raise awareness about things that are happening in our world today that many of us are ignorant to, partly I feel like if people could just be aware then surely the spirit of God in us would bring us to our knees for the things that are really grieving God's heart. Also I am praying for these things and would like people to join me in asking God for his hand to move and bring justice to our world, bring mercy and compassion to those hurting and broken. So if you would like to receive this email that I send out then please email me at schenk.tamy@gmail.com.

Today we are more aware, will we forget by tomorrow???

Here are links to more information about human trafficking:

Archdiocese of San Francisco
Human Trafficking.org

4 comments:

~bean said...

We had our corporate time of prayer & fasting last night. We prayed for the children & women that are caught in the bonds of this lifestyle from Cambodia to Brazil & beyond. We were left with questions. "What is the solution?"

Tamy S. said...

Hey Bean,
there are organizations that are working to help this issue, Ntforsale.com, had some solutions offered. I was praying and thinking about it and I felt like all the other problems in the world it is never about the specific issue but that the issue boils down to a result of sin in our world. I feel like I need to be asking God's hand to move in big ways, for me especially in this specific area as it is breaking my heart. If you google human trafficking you can find out some additional info.

~bean said...

I totally agree its a issue with sin in this world. Praise God that sin & death are overcome by the blood of Jesus! I was praying this morning about this & God led me to Exodus 10 where Moses keeps going to Pharoah & pleading with him to let the people go. I felt strongly that I need also to be praying more than ever for this issue. I'm throwing around ideas of getting as many people as we know involved in praying for this. would you be interested? This is Gods battle & he wants us to fight, war, contend for him & with him I believe.

Tamy S. said...

Yeah Bean,
Actually God has really spoken to me about this issue and I am starting a 6 AM prayer time for me and then whoever would like join me, I know that atleast one other girl is going to join me. This has been the thing that I really have felt like God is calling me to sit at his feet and petition him for. That is neat he is placing a similiar longing in your heart. I posted this video on my myspace and I am sending an information email about this issue in the next few weeks too. SO YEAH I am interested keep me posted, I've got a few ideas as well...love you lady..