6.27.2006

I Remember



I thought I should follow up on what Steve's Blog was saying and post the memories I have from this whole experience I have found myself in. This picture I put at the top of my post is a picture of me when I was about a year and a half old in the Lord. I think I have grow since then, and yes I am wearing plastic wrap.

I remember my second week at church and Kristin said to me, "Hi Mary." I was blown away at the fact that she remembered my name.

I remember hanging out with Susan, Lea, and Melissa at celebration on Sunday nights because I loved going to church.

I rememeber the Sunday night I knew with everything in me that I was saved and that the Lord loved me.

I remember going on my first mission trip to Mexico and swearing that I would live there someday. (Who knows?)

I rememeber asking Pastor Mike if I could be on the worship team and I remember how welcoming and awesome everyone was.

I remember when I confessed to Kerri a sin that I was so ashamed of.

I remeber asking Tamy, in a passing moment, if she would disciple me, and I remember thinking that she would forget. So I figured that I wouldn't ask again and just leave it be. I remember the phone call I got from her because she didn't forget.

I remember the trip to Mexico where Steve taught me how to play the guitar, which by the way I never thought would amount to much.

I remember going over to Steve and Tamy's house 3 or 4 nights a week for one reason or another. I remember thinking that these people were so awesome and that I would go anywhere they would go.

I remembered wanting more passion from God and for God and the thing that was holding me back was the fact that I didn't tithe. I remember the first time I tithed. (That was a fun time because the first thing that I felt called to tithe on was the $6,000 my parents gave me for college. That was fun telling them that I tithed 10% on that. The fur was flying that night!)

I remember when Yaks opened. I remember crying everyday for the first year. I remember hiding in the bathroom because I was crying so much and thinking that I was safe till Nancy walked in. She prayed for me.

I rememeber the time I realized that I needed to take responsibility for my relationship with God, that was time I started to tithe.

I remember the day that I called Jeff Jones and told him that I felt called to lead worship. I remember writing papers and reading articles for my internship.

I remember being so excited at the possibility of another Girl's House. I rememeber moving into the Girl's House. I also remember the 5:00 am meetings at Nan's house.

I remember feeling called to plant a church with Steve and Tamy, and for the first time not being afraid to leave the Vineyard. I wouldn't be leaving I would be sent out.

I remember whe Sean and Linda came back and Sean started to meet with me about worship. I remember the first thing that he said to me about leading worship. "Character over quality anyday." I remember starting to lead worship and the first time I had a meltdown. I remember when Sean asked me what was the matter I told him that I felt like a big a**hole. I remember he laughed.

I remember starting on Staff and wondering what the heck everyone was thinking. I remember 301, boy do I remember 301. I don't think I will ever forget that. That was the most family I have ever done.

I remember all the 6am meetings at the Girl's House.

I remember going to Buffalo for the first time.

I remember going to World Mandate and being rocked and for the first time realizing the urgency of salvation of unbelievers. I remember for the first time seeing the world through the eyes of God.

I remember being loved and feeling loved. I remember being encouraged to go for God with everything in me. I remember being told that I am the hope of the World. I remember being told that I can dream big, that I can dream God's dreams and that it was okay for me to reach out and grab ahold of them and run with them. I remember being told that people were 100% for me and whatever God was doing in me. I remember learning to do family and learning to love the family that God gave me. I remember growing.



This is me 4 years after meeting the Lord. I guess the goofiness never left.

3 comments:

David said...

I dig the pink wig, but what up with the cellophane?

Mary P. said...

In the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes" the main character decides to dress up in plastic wrap to spice up her marriage, but since I was a little kid I thought it would be fun to dress up in cellophane, so I did!

Anonymous said...

Reading Mary's blog brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy for her and know she will carry many wonderful memories with her to Buffalo. I am trying to cope with my firstborn being so far away: Dad is coping with his illness and that is plenty on his plate right now. Our joy and prayers are with you wonderful folks: God will watch over your enterprise and you will create a great church in Buffalo. You are blessed. Margo P.