3.02.2006

Popstar magazine and an interview with Chi-Chi

Popstar Magazine....

...what in the world!

I have never in my life read so many words together in one place with so little meaning!

I was over at my folks place today and got to peruse my thirteen (she is tapping my arm right now to inform me, emphatically, that she is soon to be fourteen) year old sisters reading collection. What is the attraction to such shallow collections of gossip?




My sister, Chi-Chi (I'll explain that later), says, "It's not shallow, it's interesting!"

"Why," I ask...

"...because... I don't know... let me think about this for a minute..."

-minutes pass-

"It has a lot of interesting facts about different stars."

Two part question:

Why do you find someone elses love life to be interesting?

Why do you care about "stars?"

"It's not just love-life; behind the scenes movie info is interesting."

"It's interesting to see how different their lives are than most people"


Another question:

"Do you particularly desire to live the life you now have, or the life that you read about in this magazine?"

"I kinda like both lives... because if you live their life you usually have alot going on, but in my life there is more of a routine."

And you like routine?"

"Sometimes, and sometimes I just wanna have a lot of fun."

Last question:

"If you could do anything with your life, with no limitations (other than the physical limits of the universe that we live in, i.e. we still have gravity, etc., and I am not talking about your vocation but rather your passion), what would you give yourself to?"

"I would say acting and singing, I like singing in my spare time, and I like drama."

One more question (Sorry):

"If you could make a significant difference in our world, knowing it would cost you a lifetime of effort to acheive that difference, what about this world would you be willing to work to change?"

"Starvation, because we have alot of it, and if there was one thing that I could change, even a small amount of it... no one should have to starve to death just because they can't get food."

No comments: