2.19.2007

Divine Conspiracy



The Divine Conspiracy

Willard's "Divine Conspiracy" was a lightening bolt. I have read no other book with the immediate collision of ideas upon my world as this. Certainly this is due in part to the season of life in which this book found itself in my hands, but due also in great part to the intellectual grasp of the life and message of Jesus that Dallas Willard possesses. It was a manifesto of deep and real commitment to the person of Jesus. I have continued to find in his work, a logical framework of ideas with which I can conceive and understand the life and message of Jesus to a greater degree of clarity and impact.


This book, perhaps more than any other book I have ever read, shaped my worldview over the course of days in which I read it. This book gave me the language and conceptual framework to understand and communicate what God was doing in my life at the time that I read it. I continue to be shaped by the ideas it contains. Jesus seeks disciples who will take seriously his call to a christlike life, not converts who will wear his name as a label on their own way of life.

No comments: