2.22.2007

CS Lewis

Clive Staples Lewis is, on a personal level, the most influential author in my library. I have enjoyed his fiction and philosophy, and even bits of his literary critique. I have greatly enjoyed his work in elucidating the Christian faith. I can point to no single work of his, however, as having any tremendous and immediate impact upon my life. Lewis' influence upon me is best described as that of familiarity; I grew up reading his fiction and continue to read books in the many genre's of his works. I find myself at home in his mind. His peculiar blend of logical mental capacity and poetic mental outlook, his characteristic intellectual humility, and his common sense approach to ideas have greatly influenced my way of thinking and perceiving.

The Abolition of Man

The Four Loves

The Great Divorce

Mere Christianity

Miracles

The Problem of Pain

Reflections on the Psalms

The Screwtape Letters

Suprised by Joy

The Chronicles of Narnia:
The Horse and His Boy
The Last Battle
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
The Magician's Nephew
Prince Caspian
The Silver Chair
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

The Space Trilogy:
Out of the Silent Planet
Perelandra
That Hideous Strength

Collections:
The Grand Miracle
The Joyful Christian
The Seeing Eye
The Weight of Glory

No comments: