4.21.2006

Tim


His name is Tim. He's always laughing, always smiling, always ready to encourage. Tim committed suicide Sunday april 2nd. How is this possible? didn't i just say he didn't have a problem in the world? How was this not forseen? were there any leads to this tragedy. Maybe i should ask, who began the neglect, or the abuse, or who refused to, "consider others before themselves". I have very strong convictions when it comes to listening to people. When somone begins to speak, open your ears and heart, and close your lips and point of view for a season. LISTEN! Allow your Jesus eyes to pierce through the humanity of insecurities and pride of opinion. Even you'll be blessed. The point i am trying to make is that people (priceless and at the same time bought at the highest price) are more important than our own lives. I saw Tim the day he gave up on people. He approached me in the church parking lot, rather disturbed. He said, " hey man I've been trying to get a hold of you why haven't you called me back?" I said," oh Tim i'm sorry i haven't called. I've been really busy lately. How are you?" He said he was OK but something wasn't OK. I didn't consider Tim as more important than myself or my agenda. Rather, i judged him. Asking myself, "why wasn't he in church today, and what is he doing wandering around in the church parking lot, and no I don't have any gas money for your beer breath." All irrational thoughts and opinions based on performance or lets even say, "THE LAW"! My heart is not abiding in and resembling the son of God. God changes hearts and molds people into his image. Not my tactical and so called concern for the itegrity and faithfullness to my selfish people pleasing motives. TO BE CONTINUED.....

No comments: