6.06.2009

Yet Another Note on Submission

"...so he circumcised him..."
Acts 16:3

You can read the whole story here.

Isn't it interesting. Paul had Timothy circumcised so that he could bring him along for the task at hand. And just what was that task? Proclaiming to the Churches that circumcision was not required!!!!

Can you imagine the conversations that Paul and Timothy had on this?

...after all, it is only a small piece of skin, right?

===========================

As followers of Christ, we go the extra mile. We bear the burden of others. We gladly suffer pain for other peoples misconceptions, so that they might not stumble...

Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings."
1 Corinthians 9


You can imagine that if Timothy read these words before he met Paul, and then read them again after he joined Paul's ministry, they would cary much more personal significance the second time!

No comments: