8.05.2006

Travels

We are on the road!
























It has finally arrived, we have begun the move to Buffalo. We have had our tearful goodbyes and our last minute packing anxieties, and now we are in the middle of the US headed into the rising sun...

We had a good nights rest in Reno before making the long drive to Laramie, WY. Our friends in Reno blessed us with a bed and a steak dinner and a relaxing evening. Thank you!



Jack and Vanessa in Reno









Our second day, however, was a little more exhausting. Stuck in a traffic jam for over two hours outside of Reno, road construction, towing a trailer, and severely underestimating the impact of two small children cut into our traveling speed enormously. What would have been a 12 hour trek turned into a 21 hour day. Fortunately the kids went to sleep around 9pm in Evanston, WY and we were able to push through to Laramie that night. We got in at 3:30am and promptly went to sleep.

The past few days have been quite relaxing. Visiting friends and famiily, napping, reading, and taking Zoe to see leaping llamas at the local fair!



Here is Zoe petting goats at the fair.










We have been able to see some very good friends of ours from college. It is a funny thing to visit with friends who have children, and to watch them play with your own. We are no longer 'young marrieds' we are a family!



These are some great friends from college, John and Jessica Faczak and their two children Jack and Katie.












Here is our family in Laramie, Wyoming










I was able to spend some time with my old college coach who was very influential in my spiritual journey. He was there for the 'beginning of obedience' in my relationship with Jesus; I am sure many of you back home have heard that story.



Coach Suder and I










Thank you all for your prayers, we miss you yet we are excited for what is ahead!

1 comment:

LindaFaye said...

I just wanted to say hi and I miss you guys. Especially I wanted to say bye officially to Tamy. I miss you and had a great time with you the last few weeks you were here. I have to say that you were one woman here at Redding who was super easy to get to know and much fun to spend time with. I truly feel that you simply embraced me for who I am with no strings attached and no expectations. It's been a joy having you around. You're a blessing. I love ya.